Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Device

On Jan. 19th, Meah was fitted with this distraction device to stretch the existing bone more forward in preparation for her major reconstruction surgery. I wasn't sure if I was going to post any pictures of this device, but after a special visitor in the hospital, I decided to post these pictures. While Meah was in the hospital, the nurse came in with a special request. Another patient, who was going to be scheduled for the same surgery, was really nervous and wanted to see the device. She asked if it was ok, to let him meet Meah. Knowing Meah's personality, I knew it would be ok and invited him and his parents into Meah's room. He was a very kind and sweet boy and I know it really helped to be able to come in and see Meah with the device. So, I'm posting this in case there is someone else out there, who might possibly be getting this device and might be a little nervous about it.

Meah's next surgery is March 8th. Once she heals, I will post pictures, so everyone can see the transformation. We are very anxious, but know that this surgery is in Meah's best interest, we are very saddened to lose a piece of the little face we fell in love with.


1 comment:

JCrew said...

We'll be praying for Meah! She already looks different in the photo's! Man she is growing up!