Thursday, December 25, 2008

"NO 'BOUT PRESENTS!"

It's Christmas night and we have had a wonderful day! Relaxing and spending time together as a family, celebrating Jesus' birthday! Mark's mom and brother were here and we had a great day!

I have to tell a little story about Meah, it was too funny. On Tuesday night, we were coming home from my parent's house after celebrating my dad's birthday. It was just me and the kids, Mark wasn't with us and one of them asked how much longer it was until Christmas. I told them they had two more days until Christmas. They immediately started talking about presents, which I know is typical for children their age, but I said, "Whose birthday do we need to remember and know that it's not about the presents?" Meah, immediately piped up saying, "NO 'BOUT PRESENTS, BOUT GRANDPA'S BIRTHDAY!" I, of course had to hold the laugh in and say, remember Jesus' birthday, "Oh right, Jesus birthday, no 'bout presents!"

Last night, we went to Christmas Eve mass and on the way home, they all sang Jesus the Happy Birthday song. It was really precious! Last year, we had just found Meah's picture and asked if we could adopt her. Feeling so blessed tonight to know that she is in her bed, safe and feeling loved!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: